Monday, October 27, 2008

Tante Cose: Figaro, Magic, Music and, Love

Tante cose means "all good things" in Italian. 

Could I guess, out of the blue, that a little Italian fairy tale would impact my heart so much? I could not.

I promised in my last post that my dream about Figaro, the little kitten in Pinocchio, would make a good story, so here it is.

Actually it wasn't a dream really, just a whisper from wherever whispers come from in your sleep (and these weren't the Italian whispers from...oh never mind...whole separate story). 

The week before my birthday, on the Sunday morning, I woke up about 3 or 4 am, wondering what the name of the kitten was, in Pinocchio. I do not know why I was wondering this but, I was. I said to my angels I guess, "please, tell me the name of the kitten in Pinocchio". When I woke up again a couple hours later, I knew that his name was Figaro.

So, being the intuitive, "oh this must mean something!" kind of girl I am...I rack my brain and my Italian dictionary to learn what "Figaro" means, and nothing jumps out at me (from my brain, or the dictionary). Fine.

I write to some friends of mine who post fabulous notes on one of our favorite online forums that is about the Law of Attraction, intuition, how to let more love in...and I ask them if anything intuitive pops out at them about my little story.

Is it the black-and-white - am I living my life too 'either-or' right now? Does the cat - I don't know - totem animal - mean something? I looked that up. Cat represents magic and mystery, and? The cat is associated with mythology and a host of goddesses  - that certainly resonates. Hello, help?

What the ladies wrote back, on two counts, was that my story just reminded them of the song, "When You Wish Upon a Star".  And, they said, they just felt like they should tell me that.

OK!!! Something I can use! One sent me two links for the song on YouTube, and then I found one of my own favorite versions, in French! This one, and the others out there, with their beautiful montages of the Blue Fairy Angel in Pinocchio and, all the other Disney princesses, actually made me cry. And for the record, I have no problem -  feminist or other - with fairy tales, love at first sight, handsome princes, etc., so I loved this. 

And now I wish on stars every night. Why not? One beautiful cousin of mine once told me, if you think it means something, then it does.

Somewhere in there, that same Sunday night when I was finding the star wishing videos, I got another intuitive nudge - curious - to find the song from the movie Music&Lyrics, that I saw last year. It was easy to find, and as soon as little Haley started singing, I started sobbing. When Hugh chimed in, more sobs.

Hmm, this is interesting. Let's look at this, my intuitive me says.

Finding a way back into love. It sounds kind of corny, maybe. But, I am here to tell you, it struck a deep chord with me and I took the message to heart. I love the idea of knowing that if I risk opening my heart wider,  something, someone will have my back. I love the idea that this song could be just what I needed to hear the week of my birthday. I love the idea that its message was just for me at that hour and I especially love that a little Italian-named kitten gently took me there; to a place where I feel more loving than I have in a long time, towards so many people and situations in my life. 

What a gift.

Figurare in Italian means symbolize, represent, imagine. Yes, that works.

In the meantime, sometime during my birthday week, Italian itunes was playing the "Somewhere over the Rainbow" arrangement that sounds kind of reggae.... They call it "Cielo nel Cielo" which literally means, 'sky in the sky'. Beautiful. Just a little bonus birthday thing, I figured. 

The weekend of my birthday, Antoine's parents came to visit from France. 

More to love.

That story is next. 








3 comments:

Blondie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blondie said...

What an inspirational post. I will wish upon many stars for you my beautiful friend!

Chef Di said...

Dearest Ginger,
thank you, and thank you for always reading my blog. And WHEN are you starting your own?!
xo
d