Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Latin food and I love Italian football

Buona sera!

My eyes can hardly stay open but I love posting on Wed nights so here I am.

I spent the day with Estylo (i steel' o) magazine, at a beautiful home in Hollywood Hills, prepping and photo-ing 3 of my Latin-style recipes for their July issue, alongside their pretty young resident chef Amanda Nunez. My menu for the summer feature was the-best-fish-tacos-the-Lifestyle-Editor-has-ever-had,  mojito smoothies, and my new Spiced Brownies with Mocha Cream Cheese Icing. I'll be writing a story about Latin baseball players and my recipes are foods that are inspired by them. So I just finished a sample list of interview questions for Orlando Cabrera, who will be my first subject. I love my job.

So my reward to me, for succesfully completing all that, is to catch the second broadcast of the beautiful Juventus football club play their Torino rivals, Torino. The match was played earlier today but as I said, I was with my Estylo friends and actually driving to H'wood at that hour.  Because the Universe is very kind, I can watch the replay tonight. Torino is one of my favorite cities on the planet, where, obviously the match is being played.

So here I am, so happy, swooning over some of my favorite players, and mmm, even the referees in Italy are mmm, well, hot. It's just after the halftime break and it's still no score. But, Juve has Camoranesi, Iaquinta (wearing one of those hair bands I love so much), Del Piero, Palladino, and Buffon all healthy and on the pitch...Torino has the yummy Simone Barone (did I mention, the Universe is so kind) and oh look, another looker whose last name is Diana - who, newsflash - is now being taken out of the game for getting banged up. It's kind of a gory match, actually, two head gashes and more blood than I need to see (they keep showing the bloody head of one guy, ugh). Oh, oooh, another look at Barone. I really need to watch more Torino matches.

OK now they made a makeshift beanie, they call it, for the bloody head guy. Thank you.

On Sunday my favorite Milan played and with a tied score, at the end of the match they put one of my favorites, Pippo Inzaghi in. He scored the winning goal.

I think I probably already mentioned how kind the Universe is. 

OK I'm sure that's enough. I won't keep you for the rest of my girly-girl play-by-play.

Ciao for now and,

thank you for reading all of that.




1 comment:

Blondie said...

D,
The article sounds wonderful; I can't wait to see it. And those Spiced Brownies with Mocha Cream Cheese Icing; I MUST get that recipe; they sound divine.
You and your devotion to the Italian Football palyers is so cute; it's fun to have a passion, eh? If a fans devotion to a team was all they needed to win; your team would win everytime.
Hugs! T