Sunday, March 16, 2008

ShamWow and I miss Italy

OK this really goes to show how much of a life I really do not seem to have. 

Newsflash! Inter and Juve next Saturday on FoxSoccer Channel (FSC)..see what I mean?

FSC and I spend considerable time together, especially on Sacred Sundays, one of which today definitely is. 

I just spent the morning watching "Roman Holiday" and sending my friends in Roma "I am homesick" email. Now Juventus and Napoli are duking it out in Torino, last time they met I was in Italy and they about killed each other over unearned penalties, unfair refereeing, something like that. Milan lost to Roma yesterday and it was a great match -- let me just reiterate how homesick I am for Italy.

And about that ShamWow - this is an infomercial I have not yet seen and I gotta say, FSC does come up with some winners when matches goes to halftime (thankfully there are no interruptions before or after halftime). Where, I have to wonder, do they get these people to do this schpeals? This guy looked like Ryan Seacrest but since I'm not even a remote fan of his so I really only know what he looks like from billboards and the like...had I called in the last 20 minutes I could have gotten 8 ShamWows (they are like HandiWipes with a 10-year guarantee; apparently marketed to soccer fans, hm, that would be me) instead of just the 4, but today I do not feel like spending $19.95 on that. Last week I was seriously contemplating the Infinity Razor and wouldn't it be great if someone would offer two-for-one tickets to Roma for $19.95? I think it would.

Last night I finally watched "Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of Black Pearl" with my sister Suz and her children. I could not sleep when I got home and not because Johnny Depp nor Orlando Bloom were that distracting. I just thought there were maybe 2 or 3 too many pirate fight scenes,  I got the idea the first time - too stimulating and maybe in not such a good way, but this is why I usually don't watch high-energy movies or programs before bedtime. I will say that the movie did make the ride at Disneyland make more sense. More than you need to know I'm sure.

I just found out that I will be going to AZ for Spring Training the week after Easter after all - my Exec Producer of my SportsBites radio show is setting up some appointments for me there so, OK.  More on that later, I'm sure I can arrange to blog from there.

Allora, I am going to get back to the match now...hopefully I won't have to endure another ShamWow ad again, not that I don't mute PennyTalk or Procede or AeroGarden either...

It's just that they are going to sub in Iaquinta right now, so my day has just suddenly gotten so much better. Oh yum.

Ciao ciao. 


No comments: