Thursday, March 6, 2008

Update on the French guys

I'm really going to try to make this short.

It's nearly 8:30pm and I am nearly starving. I thought I would just check in here though, to post how the French guys thing is going. 

The truth is, I feel like I really have no life. This feeling is very much magnified when you live with two people who are on vacation and, speak a language that sounds like whatever they're talking about is so much more exciting than anything one who speaks English has going on (I have been assured that this isn't true but sometimes appearances are so deceiving).

I have GOLTV on as wallpaper right now so I could re-watch (out of my peripheral vision) Milan losing to Arsenal in Champions League. I am so pathetic. I was invited to a cocktail party tonight with some Italian friends and I can't seem to pull myself away from all the work I have to do and be inspired to comb out my ponytail and leave the house for a change. Have I had any fun in the last what-seems-like-eternity? Not so much. Have I even left the house lately except to exercise? Can't remember.

Back to the French guys. Last night, I made them mango cocktails and myself Amaretto on the rocks, and we played Blackjack for at least 2 hours so that Bruno could learn how to play because today the vacation schedule had Las Vegas planned (for an overnighter only). When I could hardly stay awake any longer, I kindly asked Bruno if he was getting the hang of it, and he didn't know what that expression meant. Then together we looked at a Sports Illustrated-esque magazine from France and, I woke up considerably.

(Please refer to my post on how kind the Universe is.)

First thing this morning I took them to rent a nicer car than Antoine's, for the long drive... I get to do this type of thing regularly, so that I can translate anything the French person does not understand. They took off for Las Vegas, I came home and worked.

Antoine called about 5 to say hello, how are you, and that they'd arrived safely. Or, to gloat. (kidding)

They return tomorrow night and I think it's safe to say we probably, really, truly, don't miss each other. But we might a little, by tomorrow night. I really do love my French guys.

Bruno stays til Sunday morning when he will go to Hawaii to join his girlfriend and other French friends...then he returns to LA before he flies back to Paris. He will stay here, which I just learned last night.

As I beat them over and again at Blackjack.





No comments: