Sunday, May 18, 2008

Back to Camp, and Serie A finale

Buona sera!

Just a quick post - or so I'll try to do that. We know how I get on a roll and it's hard for me to zip it.

I just wanted to report that I had SO much fun at Camp Getaway last month, Fearless Leader Patti let me come back for a special weekend with just 16 of us total, and all but 3 of us were scrapbookers, or croppers...that might be the real word. 

Anyway, this was such a great group of ladies, from all over SoCal mostly (one from Wyoming). Patti and Janelle and I were the short staff this go around; I helped in the kitchen and Janelle was the resident nurse and massage therapist. Instead of all being in separate cabins and 'commuting' to a main lodge, this time we all stayed in a large cabin with two sides of the house separated by a kind of great-room - nice kitchen and living area mostly taken up by...scrapbooking tables. The bunks were much nicer and I had my own room! It reminded me of a b&b room in Europe.

I was asked if I 'scrapbooked' and I said no, because that would just equal my having more stuff. 

I read tarot cards per request, and traded Janelle a reading on Friday night for a massage on Saturday. What a fabulous trade. Both the reading and massage were extraordinary. The jury is still out on who did better on that deal. Great fun. This morning we practiced yoga together on the deck, with ants. We read about ants in an animal totems book and only learned that ants like "social". What a revelation.

OK so nice hot weekend in the mountains where it actually was a little cooler than here at sea level...and I am home in time to do one of the things I do best on Sunday nights. I am watching Domenica Sportiva on RAI TV to see what I missed in Italian football this weekend - (there was a TV up there but they used it mostly for movies - as if Italian football would have been a priority for anyone else).

InterMilan won the Scudetto - the Serie A league title; Roma were 'champions for an hour' per the show here. I really wanted Roma to bump them out of first place but we see that didn't happen. This whole show tonight, just about, has been about those stories and I wish they knew that we heard them the first time (lots of revisiting) and we'd like to see some of the other match highlights, thank you.

Now they are finally showing clips of AC Milan's match with Udinese, and how they LOST and came in fifth place in the league, since today was the last day of the season. Fiorentina (as in, Sebastien Frey) came in fourth -- this is all important in the league because unlike our American sports, the Euro leagues have Champions League, and relegation...more than I'll go into here and now; this is good info for SportsBites in the future.

Anyway, the Milan match today had the beautiful Roberto Rosetti for their referee so I missed a LOT, god I hate when that happens. AND Pippo Inzaghi peeled off his jersey and threw it to the crowd; at least they showed that on the highlights here. GRRRRR.

At least I have now just noticed a certain Pablo Osvaldo with Fiorentina's highlights since he did this fabulous bicycle/scissor kick to score a great goal, and he was just interviewed. Yum.

See, this is what I tried to tell my fellow lady World Cup Champions fans about two years ago...if you follow the club teams in addition to the national team, you get to see the World Cup guys again, and their teammates. But no one really took me up on it. Never mind.

Euro Cup starts June 7. It's like the World Cup all over again, only with just European teams. This is such a wonderful consolation for Serie A ending now. As I always like to say, life is so good.

Stay tuned for more on that!



No comments: